The Preserve will continue to provide frequent and transparent communication with residents, resident representatives, families and staff to inform them of the impact of COVID-19 in our communities and programs. The COVID-19 pandemic is a unique public health crisis and sharing accurate information as quickly as possible is helping all of us to better understand the challenges of senior care including information on testing, treatment and protective equipment in care settings.
Our communication is consistent with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) requirements for nursing homes. However, we have chosen to follow the same communication practices in our housing with services and assisted living communities. These practices are outlined in the information below and will be provided without violating HIPAA rules or other privacy laws.
For questions, call 239-984-6444.
Current COVID-19 Community Update on February 3, 2021
First positive reporting date July 8, 2020
Skilled Nursing Facility
Number of new resident(s) testing positive for COVID19 ___0___
Since our first COVID19 case, the total number of cases in our community is ___0____
Assisted Living Facility
Number of new resident(s) testing positive for COVID19 __0____
Since our first COVID19 case, the total number of cases in our community is ___0_____
Number of new staff member(s) tested positive for COVID19___2____
Number of new contracted staff from outside agency testing positive____0_____
The total number of employee cases in our community is ___18____
What you can expect from us:
- The website will be updated by 5 p.m. the next calendar day when there is:
- The occurrence of one or more confirmed cases of COVID-19 infections.
- Three or more residents or staff with new onset of respiratory symptoms occurring within 72 hours of each other.
- The cumulative total number of residents and staff with confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- Information will be provided on mitigating actions implemented to prevent or reduce the risk of transmission, including if normal operations of the facility will be altered.
We continue to follow strict CDC guidelines and recommended protocols in taking measures to ensure the safety of our residents and staff. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Providing necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for isolation precautions, including masks and face shields.
- Screening all residents and monitoring them for symptoms and fever throughout the day.
- Screening all employees for symptoms and fever immediately upon entrance; employees with any symptoms will be sent home immediately.
- Outside visitation is restricted to only end of life situations and visitors will be screened and not allowed to enter if they have any symptoms or fever.
- Frequent disinfection of surfaces, equipment, resident rooms and other areas of our building.